Alan Hall , Contributor
Ed is like you and me; constantly looking for more business. I am thrilled Mr. O’Brien walked away from my speech with a new growth strategy that will work for him. If anyone is interested in following and connecting with Bountiful Eatery, you can find the business on Facebook or on Twitter, at @bountifuleatery.
And now I am pleased to share with you my own list of the ten steps to building a strong future customer base. They are as follows:
- Start by knowing your current customers and everything about them. I suggest that you develop a precise profile of shoppers; age, education, gender, marital status, employment, hobbies, and the places they visit, on-line and off. Once this is complete, it will be very clear to you who your true clients are.
- Know their needs and wants. Take time to visit with them. Ask pertinent questions. Listen and learn.
- Know what they think about your solution and what they think about the competition. Look for problems and opportunities.
- Know what they watch, listen to and read.
- Recognize that your customers have friends who are like them.
- Ask your customers to invite their friends to engage with you. Entice them to connect with these friends via the internet on your behalf.
- Invite these prospective buyers to try your offerings.
- Provide a special introductory offer to them and likewise reward your current clients who helped.
- Ensure a splendid buying and user experience. Go out of your way to take care of these new shoppers.
- Ask your new customers to also make referrals. Don’t be shy. It’s how business grows.